Kolkata, July 28: Trinamul Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee today slammed a number of party MLAs from Nadia district including party’s district unit president Gourishankar Dutta about their role and functioning in party affairs and asked them to work unitedly leaving personal differences so that the party could retain both Ranaghat and Krishnanagar seats in the ensuing loke sabha elections.
In a bid to manage ongoing intra-party squabble Mamata Banerjee today formed four member ‘core’ committee of the district unit of the party to resolve political issues which would include Ujjwal Biswas, Kallol Khan, Nanda Saha and Gourishankar Dutta. Nanda Saha will be heading the committee, she said.
“You have not been assigned the job of party president to be a contractor” – Mamata Banerjee to Gourishankar Dutta
In the meeting with the party MLA that was held in the assembly premise on Friday afternoon, the chief minister appeared to be very angry over MLA and Nadia president Gourishankar Dutta. Expressing her displeasure about his alleged sordid role she said Gouri has become more concerned about his son “getting public works contracts”.
In categorical words, Mamata Banerjee told Gouri that he became more concerned about ensuring job as contractor for son Ayan. She said, “You have not been assigned for the job of party president to be a contractor. You are trying to manage everything by your son. I have received a lot of complaints against your son. You are MLA and trying to control everything by your son. People will not like it”.
Gouri’s son Ayan is party’s student wing president in the district and at the same time secretary of the district contractor’ welfare association. During the meeting, the chief minister advised education minister Partha Chatterjee to ‘replace’ Ayan with new president.
The chief minister also slammed state correctional home services minister Ujjwal Biswas. “Since death of your son, you have become inactive. I am not at all happy even with functioning as minister”.
Mamata meanwhile advised party MLA from Santipur Arindam Bhattacharyya to work together with former MLA and municipality chairman Ajoy De.
However, she accused De of anti party activities. De was not present in the meeting. However, conveying her caution to De, she said, “Tell him that I have heard that he was engaged in anti party activities during the panchayat elections. Please ask him to rectify this”.
- Mamata expressed her concern about the 28% votes of the ‘Namashudra’ community, which apparently went in favour of BJP in the district in the panchayat elections. She directed Ranaghat East MLA Samir Poddar to woo these voters back to the party.
- Mamata asked the party leadership to stop all types of intra party rivalry in Krishnanagar as well as in the district.
- She asked MP Abir Biswas not to interfere into party affairs in district, but to concentrate on his job as MP.
- She conveyed message to Ajoy De that he should listen MLA Arindam Bhattacharya as he is elected by people’s mandate.
- Mamata given additional responsibility to look after party affairs in Ranaghat to MLA Sankar Singh